Thursday 1 August 2013

Pokemon Trading Card Game > BACK IN ACTION!!


Welcome! - Hi there, my name is Marcus and I am a Pokemon lover.. I love my Pokemon back in 2000 where Pikachu was the most favourite all-time Pokemon.. Back then, Venusaur, Blastoise, and Charlizard were the all favourite Pokemon that many young kids (just like me) would love to have as pets (like the Pokemon series of stories to be part of real life), soft toys and even, trading card game..

Back in 2000 - I was only 11 years old at that time.. I introduce myself as "Fan Wei" (my Chinese name) before my addressing name came about.. Right now, I have few tricks of my own "unique" name.. I am also known as the one and only, Pink Boy! This is an entirely new blog that I just created, solely for about Pokemon Trading Card Game.. My blog title, " Pink Boy > Pokemon Boy ", was named from a friend I made through Instagram (her name? Mei Yii..) that I decided to use this name that she replied through my Instagram picture comment..

The years that goes on - Pokemon Trading Card Game was my only all-time favourite card game that I will not forget and I still did not forget my tricks for playing those cards.. Even though it's been a long stretch of time that I didn't play the cards with anyone anymore, my tricks for playing those cards are all still with me.. Few times (in between years) I've been exploring the card game on my own, through my extensive research from the internet, I made a few ideas of deck building on my own.. That is of course, I don't have players to play with to test those decks.. I play it on my own.. That is because I don't have the chance to play with anyone anymore after 2003, where at that time, Pokemon Trading Card Game was slowly losing its popularity..

21 July 2013, Sunday - After a long few years later, I decided to find my interest to explore these card game on my own again.. Went through checking and looking out for the latest and newest cards (they are still producing these cards with new expansion and editions over the years), exploring options to build some cool deck with those new cards.. It was enjoying for me, but boring because I was doing it all alone..

27 July 2013, Saturday - After about almost a week while I was re-venturing these cards, I went to visit Mid Valley once again (this is my very first place where I started playing Pokemon Cards) to see if I could find any Pokemon card players.. I still see many people playing Magic card game, that is nothing unusual because this card game will have many loyal players.. I went on to watch them play for a while, and then I walked out of that shop and walk around the mall at level 3.. To my surprise, I found a place where a lot of people were playing a particular card game.. Not Pokemon cards, but many young people were playing Vanguard (another type of card game which is currently the most famous card game now) which I knew this card game through an Anime I am watching every weekdays (because I am having my University semester break holidays now).. I was watching how they played those card game, which is my first time witnessing such card game was played live.. I stayed on for a while and then I saw there were Pokemon cards selling there.. There were quite plentiful of Pokemon cards selling there too and in my mind I thought not many people will be interested in buying those cards anymore.. But as I was looking around that shop, I saw a card game tournament notice, one of them is Pokemon..

My moment has arrived! - To my curiosity, I asked one of the shop person there and found out that they actually have Pokemon Trading Card Game tournament every Sunday, 1 p.m.. I was thrilled and was also informed that they have a regular of 8 to 18 people that comes together to play Pokemon Cards there! My heart, was so excited! I've been dreaming to play Pokemon cards again!..when 10 years back it was going dead! Apparently they started these card tournament for about 4 months already and many of these players are also in the same mood as I am, starting to play Pokemon cards again!


28 July 2013, Sunday (my 14 years reincarnation day) - I made new friends and I made a whole new deck! I am so glad to be able to play again, I am happy to had good games with these fellers! Lost 2 won 1 for the tournament (first day, first time, at a whole new place!), but the most important thing is.. I AM BACK IN ACTION!!.. For Pokemon Trading Card Game..

Mind you, 6 of them are National Pokemon Card players and they are really strong! Not to mention one of the shop caretaker is also a national player! They are the ones whom taught me how to build the most current Pokemon deck for the most current of Pokemon card game in tournament.. I start from fresh again and it wasn't easy.. I knew at that time that I had to abandon my old playing card game strategy and acquire the latest and most efficient Pokemon card game strategy.. Feels newbie but I am thrilled with happiness!

This is my first blog post and I gladly welcome everyone to my World of Pokemon Trading Card Game!

No comments:

Post a Comment