Friday 30 August 2013

Over the past 3 weeks > My Weekends Tournament

Pink Boy > Pokemon Boy


Hola once again!

I am back to write more! Despite school has already started, I will make effort to update on the current Pokemon Trading Card Game and its events from time-to-time, as well as deck build varieties which I will come across against while playing during my weekly tournaments!

Now for some flash back time capsule!


10 August 2013


This weekend was the Worlds event at Vancouver, Canada.. So there wasn't many players that came by..


Game 1 - Played against Kin Hong.. Mirror deck (TDK).. My set up slow, bad hand, he has the upper hand..

0-1


Game 2 - Donked my opponent in T1 using Virbank + Laser to kill his only Pokemon, Exeggcute..

1-1


Game 3 - Can't remember what deck he was using but it wasn't his deck.. I think mirror deck as well (TDK), but he was not familiar with his friend's deck.. Nice guy, chatted with him while playing..

2-1


Game 4 - A funny weird deck (first time playing against) which my opponent uses fire but he could not retrieve the necessary energy cards fast enough.. I think my Kyurem gave him a lot of trouble so ended up I won that final round..

3-1




11 August 2013


Not enough players for the tournament to proceed so we just played for fun at Mid Valley.. I trained myself using my friend's deck, Darkrai.. I see its potential, consistency, just that I am not used to the deck build format.. Made so many mistakes which I don't really know the reason.. Made me think a lot while playing that deck which I want to make this deck in a different way of my own.. Soon..



17 August 2013


The 2 whom went for the Worlds came back! They brought a lot of stuffs from Vancouver.. It was a bit disappointed weekend because the new expansion booster boxes was delayed..

Finally got my 1st Keldeo EX! Since it's promotional price..xD

I've been eyeing these dice for a week.. Finally!^^

This box is to keep all my very important cards! (Y)


Game 1 - Played with mirror deck (TDK).. My set up was fast and solid but my opponent keep capturing my Kyurem and OHKO 3 of them (He started the game first)! I had no choice and left with my last Kyurem to solo attack (because my main attacker is only Kyurem) which only able to kill 2 of his Pokemon.. Could not survive to win and in the end, lost that match.. It was a good game though..

0-1


Game 2 - Can't remember what deck, but it was another weird deck which I never really know what format he is really using..

1-1


Game 3 - I can't really remember what deck I was playing against in this match, but my recall game saying it's against Dakrai.. I think it was a long match which made me think a lot so couldn't bother to be interfered, was overly focused.. But I lost in the end anyway.. 

1-2


Game 4 - Played with a deck that uses so many proxy cards (Makes me sooooo bloody confusing!!), Virizion/Genesect Variants.. (which in my next blog post I'll make a list for this deck build with detail explanations!) My first hand cards was bad, set up slow, didn't get the cards I needed, and I was only running with 2 Pokemon!

1-3



18 August 2013


This Sunday tournament was by far the most interesting game of matches I've played so far! I played with different deck variants which I am looking forward to share some other deck build variants in my coming blog posts!


Game 1 - Played with Blastoise/Black Kyurem (Black Ballista) Variants! I was so scared of his Black Ballista attack because it instantly OHKO any Pokemon with 200 damage!! Despite that, I remained calm and play through the game well.. My set up was perfect that game, make no mistake!

1-0


Game 2 - If not mistaken was against Weavile/Darkrai/Absol Variants.. A long game which requires me to think carefully on game plan strategy (because I somehow have a weakness against Darkrai, which I don't know why..) and try not to make any mistakes.. I didn't make any mistakes and my opponent was having trouble to set up his Pokemon faster than me.. He was having trouble with the cards he needed to counter me back.. In the end it was a close match, I won..

2-0


Game 3 - Up against mirror deck, TDK! I had bad hand and I could not set up my Pokemon fast.. The next few draws was horrible! Could not even retrieve my necessary energy cards! He started the game first, and he has a very great advantage over me because, in T2, he already set up his Lugia EX with 1 DCE and 3 Plasma Energy! How am I going to play against him? I tried my best, but I could not hang on..

2-1


Game 4 - Up against Haxorus deck! Which uses the special attack called "Strike of the Champion"! This deck is very effective against TDK deck because TDK deck build are purely based on Plasma variants.. I was a bit nervous against this deck but thankfully, I made no mistake and my opponent was having trouble to get his Pokemon energies going.. I pressured his main attacker and I got the upper hand..

3-1




24 August 2013


Trying to help a friend of ours to build his new water deck with new cards!


The anticipated weekend which the new expansion cards that had finally arrived in town! It was a busy Saturday whereby the players were opening booster packs from boxes, to cases.. Trading and selling cards are the norm..

A total of 4 games was played for the tournament that day but I can't recall every game match I played because we were more like busy selling and trading cards.. Besides, I only remember all my matches I had bad hand (using my TDK still..) and I lost all my matches except for 1 free win game.. First time losing all matches but it's okay, I was more busy on trading and selling cards..

Despite that, I can remember I played with different varieties of decks because of the new expansion cards which many players was testing out different decks together! Using my TDK that day was my greatest disadvantage because of Silver Mirror and I was having a lot of trouble against that card! Playing with only 2 Tool Scrapper is really not enough for TDK, even with Dowsing Machine still not very smooth.. I realised my TDK consistency dropped when I added in Tool Scrapper and changed the combo of Virbank City Gym + Hypnotoxic Laser to purely Silver Bangle! I would say an average of 70% consistency dropped to 30% consistency only!

Traded so many cards that day to build my following few decks in my lists! It was a fun trading and selling cards day!


25 August 2013


More and more Pokemon Card Game Players! Yeayy!!


This is the first time in tournament I used a completely different deck, which the deck I build is rated as "Fun" deck! The variants? Weavile/Exeggcute that runs Electrode (Ability: Magnetic Draw)! 

I will list down the above mentioned deck build lists on my following blog posts which the coming week it'll be all about deck build lists of different variants deck!

I came across to build this deck thanks to Esa's blog which I find it very interesting to play with.. It was true, I had a lot of fun that day! We played 4 games in total (won't go in too specific), I had 1 won and 3 lost! Some of the variants deck I was up against were Blastoise/Kyurem/Keldeo, Virizion/Genesect, Cobalion/Landorus/Terrakion/Mewtwo and Garchomp/Altaria.. The only few issues I had was that my needed Pokemon and Trainer cards was in my Prize Cards and insufficient of Dark Patch, Super Rod and Pokemon Catcher which all these 3 cards still lacks of 1 more for each of the kind in my deck build..

I can see it's potential actually, just need to modify it a little bit more..


In Short..


I am back to school already this week, time to study hard and play hard!

Bought Pink Sleeves for my Water variants deck! Love the Perfect colour combination!! <3

Charizard for sale! E-mail me if interested at marcu3.tan@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment