Monday 5 August 2013

Tournament > Mid Valley


Second time, second day to Mid Valley to play my regular Pokemon card game!

Yesterday tested Darkai EX deck (used my friend's deck) and it was very true from what Esa wrote in his blog, a very consistent deck! Could not win any game when I use this deck, I can felt its consistency..

After much testing, we played our usual tournament for the Sunday.. Using my Complete TDK deck for the first time! (Finally!)

Game 1 - Played against Nero (in picture sitting on my left) with his Klinklang, Cobalion EX and Landorus EX.. He has the upper advantage on me because he managed to set up his Klinklang fast enough (in R3 I think) although I started the game first.. His Cobalion EX hits my Kyurem and his Landorus EX hits my Thundurus EX.. Ouch! He was at a winning edge although my set up was solid and consistent (for every rounds) until he left with the only Prize Card to win me (I had 4 more Prize Cards to go!).. I managed to kill his Klinklang from moving Energies around but it was very hard to get the game back on track.. Until, I N'd him! That moment was the turning point because before I N'd him he has about 10 or more cards in his hand.. Slowly I build up Energies on my Pokemon (my hand has plentiful of Energies) and eventually managed to get all my 4 Prize Cards with 2 kills! He did not manage to retrieve any Colress or Juniper and apparently he has 3 more Pokemon Capture in his hand before I N'd him.. All 3 went back to his deck and the few rounds of draw could not help him.. The power of N.. Thank you!

1-0


Game 2 - Played with someone new that uses Darkrai EX! (Great! Testing my new TDK ability against that deck!) However, my set up was too slow as my first hand and the following draw was bad! I pick up half-way eventually but it was rather too late because he has already taken 5 Prize Cards and I still have 3 more Prize Cards to go.. His deck built was consistent (except that he was facing some difficulty to get the necessary Energy cards to attach to his Pokemon) and of course he has the advantage.. This game lasted the longest and we fight till the very end (we both take our time to think our game plan strategy and our deck left with few more cards only!).. The reasons for my lost in this game? I stated with bad hand of cards that has my Juniper with the other Supporter cards (at least 4 Supporter cards on my hand which besides using Juniper, the other Supporter cards will not help me and it's too risky to use).. Besides, 2 of my remaining 3 Prize Cards was Thundurus EX and Kyurem! (which my opponent take down 2 of my Krurem, 1 Absol, and 1 Thundurus EX!) For my following rounds till my opponent left with the only Prize Cards, I could not get all of my 4 Deoxys EX on the bench! (There were no single Item cards for me to take my Pokemon out on bench, not even my Supporter cards could retrieve them, and this lasted till R7 or R8 only I manage to get the 1 and only Deoxys EX on my bench till the game ended.. The remaining 3 of my Deoxys EX was all in 3 together, at the bottom of my deck! Can you believe this?) Nevertheless, it was by far the greatest thinking skill challenge of game that I ever played! Really GG!

1-1


Game 3 - Played with someone new as well that has Kyurem, Lugia EX, Umbreon (the ability that gives +20 HP to all Team Plasma Pokemon) and Leafeon.. I had bad hand of cards again and also the first few draw.. But after R3, I gained back my momentum of game in play.. There was a lot of surprise factor for me up against his deck because it's the first time I see such deck built he has.. We played our best, each of us took turn to kill a Pokemon and take our Prize Card, until we both each left with the only Prize Card! It was fun playing with him, we both make mistake in the middle of the game, and we chatted a lot throughout the entire game! The highlight of the day and match was his Leafeon KO-ed my Thundurus EX! He takes the last Prize Card and won the game.. Well done, congrats bro! GG!

1-2



Still a better result than last week! Hoping to climb higher!

In Short..


Had my greatest laugh yesterday while playing friendly games with a friend with the most interesting, fun, funny, hilarious, weird (that's what my friend says!) moment! All my match for yesterday's tournament played till its longest time, gained experiences as a Pokemon card game player.. Despite that, I am still a very happy boy indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment