Sunday 4 August 2013

Pre-Release > Plasma Blast!


(GOOD SIGN!)

Pre-release of Team Plasma Blast Expansion booster packs!


Pardon the hand, it's been another anticipation for the weekend because we've been waiting for this new expansion to arrive in town!

It's my second day to join back the Pokemon card game tournament! This time it's located at Bangsar Baru, whereby we joined (with my newly met group of friends a week ago) this tournament just for these new booster packs (for its pre-release) that will only be available on sale the coming 14 August 2013!


This tournament is different (my first time) as after we open all the 6 Plasma Blast booster packs that we receive, we are required to use ONLY all those new cards that we get to build a 40 cards of deck (they provide Energy cards, playing with only 4 Prize Cards)..

The aim here is to get Genesect EX with G Booster (anticipation is high for everyone yesterday!).. My aim was also to get at least 1 or 2 Pokemon Capture (which I needed this card the most), unfortunately, meh..

But it was fun! I was having headache to as what cards to use (choices, choices, choices..) from all those new cards and I ended up with 4 different elements to play for this tournament! Quite challenging but I manage to pull through the games I played, quite surprising! (for myself, yes, I felt surprised!)


Game 1 - I was quite lucky because apparently this guy he has 1 Genesect EX! The surprise factor? Ta-daa!! His Genesect EX was in his Prize Cards so he could not do anything much (except damage my Pokemon little by little), which was not damaging enough to kill my Pokemon, and I won all the Prize Cards! DAMN LUCKY!!

1-0


Game 2 - I was up against my newly made friend from Mid Valley.. He is a strong card player, with quite a complete 40 cards of deck as well! Guess what? Genesect EX.. wait, with Suicune! How to play when he lock my Team Plasma Pokemon from attacking using Silver Mirror? Unfortunately when I play with him, Team Plasma Pokemon was my initial set up for the first few rounds.. It was a Good Game though! Only manage to get 1 Prize Card but the game was rolling in the deep!

1-1


Game 3 - Played with my friend too! His set up was fast and beautiful which I don't stand a chance! It was too slow starter for the first few rounds for me and he has taken up 3 Prize Cards.. Good Game bro!

1-2


Game 4 - Played with a new player and he takes his time to think on his game plan (with the very serious look, so scary!) strategy.. It was okay and normal for me (I do that with my stunning face a lot last week as a beginner!) but he did surprised me with an attack that I didn't anticipate! He used catcher on me for a Pokemon that I set up nicely, with all the required Energy.. Nicely done! On my later game (after some time), I was having trouble on my game because I still have 2 Prize Cards and he left with 1 more Prize Card.. My defending Pokemon will surely die if I do not retreat the feller but I do not have enough Energy cards to do the main damage with my other Pokemon.. It was a huge gamble in this round because I was also facing multiple element of Energy cards (because I played 4 elements) which I needed my next turn of draws.. I retreated, with another Pokemon (with higher HP of course!), and waited patiently for my Energy cards to come.. Still manage to do a 40 damage on his Pokemon which requires 2 rolls of head.. His turn, DON'T HAVE ENERGY CARD ALSO! Gees.. Retreat no retreat also no difference but it's the safer option to play with.. He can't do anything much, 10 damage.. My turn.. PROFESSOR JUNIPER! It was so THANK GOD it came (as I only have one of this card) to me on the right timing and drew the necessary Energy cards that I needed.. But still, I might lose.. However, I realised after a few more rounds he did not attach anymore Energy cards so I think he play very less Energy cards.. He could only do 10 damage on my Pokemon for the following rounds but that was not enough to win him the only Prize Card.. I slowly charged and later hit his Pokemon with my massive damage and eventually got my 2 Prize Cards and won the game.. This is not GG, Good Game.. This is GtG, Great Game! Phew..

2-2


Game 5 - Played with another of my friend again! KO-ed his only 2 Pokemon because he don't have anymore basic Pokemon to play with (evolved once).. Oh well, it happens.. Good Game! (My opening was too strong because I call for family and had my set up ready to go!)

3-2


Game 6 - Played with a kid that has the same surname as I do, 11 years old! He's quite good yo! You know why? GENESECT EX! SHIT! (Third player with the same card) But.. But.. I got Silver Mirror.. Ahhhhh.. So in the end he managed to kill my Pokemon once but later on he cannot do anything because my bench Pokemon set up was solid (Not to mention I still have my juniper in my hand and I won the game without even using it!) and I have 2 Silver Mirror (DOUBLE LUCKY!) in my hand! THANK GOD! Phew.. It was by far the most interesting and fun game for my last and final round of the match! GG!

4-2



..and so the results are out! (I think there are about 40 of us..)

Generally, I was surprised with that random deck I built and I enjoyed my day! It was so much of fun! So nice to play Pokemon Cards like this after a very very long time! 9th placing for the tournament was quite an achievement for me, got a promo card with another 2 more of Plasma Blast booster packs!


I had my day yesterday.. Manage to get all the cards I needed to COMPLETE my TDK DECK! YEAH! Prism Energy, Pokemon Catcher, Skyla, Ultra Ball, Kyurem are all in! Got a few more of other trainer and supporter cards too.. With that, it completes my day!


It's another place to play Pokemon cards at Bangsar Baru (Comics Corner) every Saturday, tournament starts at 2 p.m (I think so..)

In short..


What are you waiting for? Come and join us! Let's have a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment