Thursday 29 August 2013

It's been 3 weeks!


Hola!!

Wow! It's really been 3 weeks since my last write up in this blog about Pokemon Trading Card Game! I can tell you for sure, I do miss writing but wasn't so inspired during my "absent" period.. Reason? Well, that weekend was a quiet tournament week because 2 of our friends went for the Worlds in Vancouver, Canada! Furthermore, we (more like ME!) are awaiting for the new expansion to arrive in town! However, the shipment got delayed at Singapore side so it affected the booster boxes to arrive in Malaysia as well.. On top of that, I was reading Esa's blog (over and over again) on some of the older deck building strategy (wanted to try something new, and fun!), which I re-look all the expansion playable for the current tournament over and over to create a few deck build lists of my own.. While I was still on my semester holidays, (before I go back to my University life which just started this week..) I was doing a lot of test deck research and trying out if the new expansion cards fits into some of my deck build lists.. (which I think through it all one-by-one and thoroughly, ended up with many sleepless nights due to ideas keep popping up and many doubts in mind about the choices of cards I consider using of..)

1st week of absent (after the weekend tournaments when 2 of our players went for Worlds..)


This is the week we are suppose to anticipate the new expansion to arrive in town, Plasma Blast! It got delayed when it suppose to arrive everywhere around the World on the 14th August 2013.. Unfortunately for our country, it got delayed, which further delayed because the goods will need to go through Singapore's custom firsthand.. We were a bit disappointed as we could not proceed to play with the new cards during our weekly weekends tournament..

This is also the week I decided to forget about the shipment delay issue and focus on what kind of deck building strategy I want to have, and what deck build will work against the current format.. I have a few in my list and will share later on by writing it on a single blog post with detailed explanations..

2nd week of absent (booster boxes finally arrived!)


The booster boxes arrived 1 week after it's release date (around 20th August 2013) and I believe everyone is excited like hell! Not only that, it was a good timing for former Pokemon card players to make a come back to play Pokemon cards again because of fresh new expansion cards..

This is the week whereby I do lots and lots of testing, as well as decision making on the choices of cards that I have in mind, to try out and see if it'll work.. It wasn't so smooth as I thought it'll work, but I was not disappointed at all because somehow, everyone also expects it'll turned out that way..

3rd week of absent and present.. (My 1st week back to University as Semester 2 student!)


It's another fresh semester for me as I will be completing my 1st year degree course this year end.. I am satisfied with my semester 1 results but was just a very minor little bit lower than my real expectations.. I want to study harder to make up for that very minor little less than expected results.. I want to do better in semester 2! In addition, I will be more busy playing Pokemon cards than ever which I will be preparing myself for the major tournaments in the near future! My motto now is.. "When Studies gets harder, Play even harder!"

In Short..


Wish me lots and lots and lots and lots of Luck! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment